On 25 Feb 2009, at 14:40, Steve Cohen wrote:
I am thinking about this very carefully, and the option of not using Maven at all is still in play. So is the option of using Maven ONLY to grab third-party dependencies into a local repository.

I did this the other day, using the maven-ant-tasks to manage dependencies of an ant based project. I've written a POM and a minimal ant script, which collaborate to download all dependencies from our internal repo. It works like a charm, given that this project can't be converted to maven wholesale yet (it's cocoon 2.1, and would need to be migrated to 2.2).

-Dom