I created an archetype and a local catalog as per:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-archetype-plugin/specification/archetype-catalog.html

But when I am in the M2Eclipse plugin, after running through the New Maven
Project, using this archetype I get this error:

*Unable to create project from archetype
[com.fedex.ground.archetypes:executable_jar-archetype:1.0 -> null]
The desired archetype does not exist
(com.fedex.ground.archetypes:executable_jar-archetype:1.0)*

But, when I go to the command line, the same thing works fine:

*C:\opt\projects\BUILD>mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=local
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Maven Default Project
[INFO]    task-segment: [archetype:generate] (aggregator-style)
[INFO]
[INFO] Preparing archetype:generate
[INFO] No goals needed for project - skipping
[INFO] Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class =>
'org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoad
er'.
[INFO] Setting property: velocimacro.messages.on => 'false'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.loader => 'classpath'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.manager.logwhenfound => 'false'.
[INFO] [archetype:generate]
[INFO] Generating project in Interactive mode
[INFO] No archetype defined. Using maven-archetype-quickstart
(org.apache.maven.archetypes:maven-archetype-quickstart:1.
0)
Choose archetype:
1: local -> executable_jar-archetype (executable_jar Archetype Template for
iSeries Maven Projects)
Choose a number:  (1): 1
Downloading:
http://pghpscmbldl01.ground.fedex.com:8080/archiva/repository/mvn-dev/com/fedex/ground/archetypes/executabl
e_jar-archetype/1.0/executable_jar-archetype-1.0.jar
12K downloaded
Define value for groupId: : com.test
Define value for artifactId: : TestJar
Define value for version:  1.0-SNAPSHOT: :
Define value for package:  com.test: : com.test
Confirm properties configuration:
groupId: com.test
artifactId: TestJar
version: 1.0-SNAPSHOT
package: com.test
 Y: : y
[WARNING] org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException:
reference : template = archetype-resources/pom.xml [
line 38,column 38] : ${stage.dir} is not a valid reference.
[WARNING] org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException:
reference : template = archetype-resources/pom.xml [
line 38,column 51] : ${label} is not a valid reference.
[WARNING] org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException:
reference : template = archetype-resources/pom.xml [
*

Any ideas how to find out what the error would be in the m2eclipse plugin?

---
Thank You…

Mick Knutson, President

BASE Logic, Inc.
Enterprise Architecture, Design, Mentoring & Agile Consulting
p. (866) BLiNC-411: (254-6241-1)
f. (415) 685-4233

Website: http://baselogic.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/mickknutson