What if we promote the use of Labels as a way to highlight things. We could
add functionality to expand their usefulness as a way to highlight things
on the canvas. I believe that is their intended use.

Today you can create a label and change its color to highlight single or
multiple components. Even better you can do it for any component (not just
processors).

To expand on functionality, I'm imagining a context menu and palette action
to "Label" a selected component or components. This would prompt a user to
pick a background and add text which would place a label
around everything once it's applied.

Rob