I like the tooltip addition of yours.

For more interactive feedback on the canvas I can immediately think of 2
items.

1. Indicator for when backpressure was configured on a connection (although
it's now always added by default, maybe less useful).

2. Changing the color of a connection when backpressure has engaged could
go a long way. Can go further, gradient color based on how close the
connection backlog is to triggering the backpressure controls. Immediately
highlights hotspots visually.

Andrew