​Ram, info that may be of use:

Apache Camel has endpoints that can be used declaratively (with little or no
Java programming -- which doesn't mean easy-to-use; they are under-documented!
:-).

These Camel endpoints can be used for NiFi within the NiFi
SpringContextProcessor.

And Camel has a CMIS endpoint that theoretically can be used to talk to
Sharepoint.

I am working on pulling Salesforce data into NiFi using the Apache Camel
endpoint for Salesforce in a NiFi SpringContextProcessor.  (Salesforce has a
complex REST API behind an OAuth login).  I'm having some problems, but getting
there.

For the Camel CMIS endpoint, it isn't clear that it actually works with
Sharepoint.  There's a history in google of some folks trying to use it, with
unclear results.  (Note the google results list is obfuscated by the existence
of a Sharepoint API called "CAML", which is unrelated to Apache Camel!)  A
couple relevant links are:

  *   https://code.google.com/archive/p/camel-cmis/
  *
https://brandingsharepointsites.wordpress.com/2011/11/24/using-camel-query-to-get-specific-items-from-sharepoint-list-or-library/
  *
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29621858/using-apache-camel-cmis-with-sharepoint-2013
  *   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-6124

You'll have to decide if exploring Camel CMIS is worth the time, vs just
jumping in and creating a custom Processor for Sharepoint -- using, perhaps,
the Apache Chemistry library, which is the underlying library used by the Camel
CMIS implementation!
http://dhartford.blogspot.com/2013/01/sharepoint-2013-w-apache-chemistry-cmis.html​
 may be useful to read whether using Apache Chemistry library directly, or
trying to use Apache Camel CMIS.

Let us know which approach you pursue.
Regards,
--Matt