Stephane,

Yes, you are correct that Apache NiFi uses swagger. However, we are only
using it for keeping the documentation in sync. We use a maven plugin that
inspects the swagger annotations and generates a swagger.json. The
swagger.json is generated to nifi-web-api/target/swagger-ui/swagger.json at
build time. Subsequently, the swagger.json is run through a handlebars
template to generate the REST API docs.

We provide a client library at

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.nifi</groupId>
    <artifactId>nifi-client-dto</artifactId>
    <version>1.0.0</version>
</dependency>

Examples of its usage can be seen in our access control integration tests
[1].

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Matt

[1]
https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/master/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-framework-bundle/nifi-framework/nifi-web/nifi-web-api/src/test/java/org/apache/nifi/integration/accesscontrol/ITProcessorAccessControl.java

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 10:53 PM, Stéphane Maarek <stephane.maa...@gmail.com