NiFi's GetDynamoDB processor uses the underlying BatchGetItem API, which
requires item keys as inputs.  Iterating over the keys in a table would
require the Scan API, but NiFi does not have a processor to scan a DynamoDB
table.

This would be a great addition to NiFi.  If you have any interest in
working on a scan processor, please open a JIRA ticket at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI.

Thanks,

James

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 2:12 PM, Gop Krr <gop....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks James. I am looking to iterate through the table so that it takes
> hash key values one by one. Do I achieve it through the expression
> language? if I write an script to do that, how do I pass it to my processor?
> Thanks
> Niraj
>
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 1:42 PM, James Wing <jvw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Rai,
>>
>> The GetDynamoDB processor requires a hash key value to look up an item in
>> the table.  The default setting is an Expression Language statement that
>> reads the hash key value from a flowfile attribute,
>> dynamodb.item.hash.key.value.  But this is not required.  You can change it
>> to any attribute expression ${my.hash.key}, or even hard-code a single key
>> "item123" if you wish.
>>
>> Does that help?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> James
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 12:17 PM, Gop Krr <gop....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>> I have been trying to use get and load processor for the dynamodb and I
>>> am almost there. I am able to run the get processor and I see, data is
>>> flowing :)
>>> But I see the following error in my nifi-app.log file:
>>>
>>> 2016-10-13 18:02:38,823 ERROR [Timer-Driven Process Thread-9]
>>> o.a.n.p.aws.dynamodb.GetDynamoDB
>>> GetDynamoDB[id=7d906337-0157-1000-5868-479d0e0e3580]
>>> Hash key value '' is required for flow file StandardFlowFileRecord[uuid=44
>>> 554c23-1618-47db-b46e-04ffd737748e,claim=StandardContentClaim
>>> [resourceClaim=StandardResourceClaim[id=1476381755460-37287,
>>> container=default, section=423], offset=0, length=1048576],offset=0,name=