Hi Mike,

I don’t know enough about Active Directory and LDAP in general to answer your
question off the type of my help, but I’m familiar with how the NiFi LDAP
client is configured using the fields you’ve mentioned, so I may be able to
help you figure it out.

I think you’re on the right track, but you may need to use the User Identity
Attribute as well.

It would be helpful for me if I could try to reproduce the environment you are
working in. As I don’t know the details of the Active Directory structure,
would you be able to provide an example snippet of the directory in LDIF format
[1] [2]? Please scrub any sensitive information (actual names or password
hashes) before sending, I just need a better sense of the structure of the
directory, not the value of fields themselves.

If that’s not possible for you, just let me know and I can try to follow up
without those details as soon as I get a chance to dig into the specifics of AD
a bit more.

Thanks,

Kevin

[1] https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/555636