You could also RouteOnAttribute [1] doing the same regular
expression checks using NIFI expression language [2].
For instance, I can create a route for "DATA A" if my attribute "filename"
matches a regular expression.

${filename:find'SomeJavaRegEx')}

If you can control your workflow maybe bring it into NIFI using Rest and
giving it headers which one of them can be "NifiData:MyData"
Then depending what "Listener" you are using you can grab that header and
make routing decisions of it with RouteOnAtrrbiute"

[1]
https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/components/org.apache.nifi/nifi-standard-nar/1.5.0/org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.RouteOnAttribute/index.html
[2]
https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/expression-language-guide.html