You could also RouteOnAttribute [1] doing the same regular
expression checks using NIFI expression language [2].
For instance, I can create a route for "DATA A" if my attribute "filename"
matches a regular expression.

If you can control your workflow maybe bring it into NIFI using Rest and
giving it headers which one of them can be "NifiData:MyData"
Then depending what "Listener" you are using you can grab that header and
make routing decisions of it with RouteOnAtrrbiute"