Tom,

  There were a couple of issues with the C++ security configuration in
0.4.0 [1]. We will likely release 0.5.0 very soon to capture this and
other feature additions.

  Do you have the ability to pull master and re-attempt? The security
configuration is much clear there that you can use either
minifi.properties or the context service whereas 0.4.0 that was not
always the case.

 [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-396
 [2] https://github.com/apache/nifi-minifi-cpp#sitetosite-security-configuration