From: Mike Thomsen <mikerthom...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 10:03
To: <users@nifi.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Unknown user w/ Docker image

I added two entries:

uid=test

cn=test, ou=people, dc=nifi, dc=com

Tried logging in w/ test/password (what the LDIF uses)

Got: Unknown user with identity 'test'. Contact the system administrator.

Any ideas?

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 9:34 AM, Kevin Doran <kdo...@apache.org> wrote:

Mike,

To my knowledge, the Docker image does not yet have support for adding the
LdapUserGroupProvider to authorizers.xml. It only adds the LdapProvider to
login-identity-provider.xml. This means you should be able to
login/authenticate as an LDAP user, but users and group will not sync in order
to create authorization rules. You will have to manually add users (with
identities that match how your login-identity-provider is configured) using the
initial admin.

I’ve opened a JIRA to add LdapUserGroupProvider support to the NiFi Docker
image [1].

Also, it looks like there is already a JIRA for the AUTH=ldap documentation
issue [2].

Kevin