I was able to switch back to my local LDAP server and was able to login
successfully. The provider I am using in identity-providers.xml is as follows:

<provider>
        <identifier>ldap-identity-provider</identifier>

<class>org.apache.nifi.registry.security.ldap.LdapIdentityProvider</class>
        <property name="Authentication Strategy">SIMPLE</property>

        <property name="Manager DN">cn=Manager,dc={redacted},dc=com</property>
        <property name="Manager Password">{redacted}</property>

        <property name="Referral Strategy">FOLLOW</property>
        <property name="Connect Timeout">10 secs</property>
        <property name="Read Timeout">10 secs</property>

        <property name="Url">ldap://{redacted}:389</property>
        <property name="User Search
Base">ou=users,dc={redacted},dc=com</property>
        <property name="User Search Filter">uid={0}</property>

        <property name="Identity Strategy">USE_DN</property>
        <property name="Authentication Expiration">12 hours</property>
    </provider>

This is a super strange issue as to why nifi works with the remote LDAP and
nifi-registry does not.