If you are hosting on the cloud, I'd recommend going for dedicated worker
nodes for the NiFi cluster. There might be rare (or not) occasions when a
worker node is under high load and needs to evict pods. If your NiFi
deployment's pod disruption budget allows for eviction of pods then there
are always chances that an evicted NiFi pod can be rescheduled on a
different node that is tainted (tainted because the node may not meet the
pod's volume affinity requirements). Your best case scenario when this
happens is that the pod will keep getting rescheduled on different nodes
until it starts up again. The worst case scenario is that it'll be stuck in
a CrashLoopBackoff limbo.

Disclaimer - I speak from my experience on a non production environment.
Our NiFi clusters will be deployed to a production k8s environment in a few
weeks from now. I am only sharing some learnings I've had w.r.t. k8s
statefulsets along the way.

Hope this helps,
Swarup.