Vibhath,

There are a couple of different background processes that run within the
Content Repository.

One of the processes takes any files in the repository that are not longer used
by FlowFiles in the flow. It either moves them into an archive directory or
deletes them (based on the value of the
“nifi.content.repository.archive.enabled” property in nifi.properties).

A second background process periodically runs and looks at all of the data that
is in the archive/ directories. It check isf any of the files is older than the
threshold (based on the “nifi.content.repository.archive.max.retention.period”
property). If so, it deletes the file.

This process then checks if too much of the content repository’s disk space is
used up (based on how much storage space is used and the value of the
“nifi.content.repository.archive.max.usage.percentage” property). If the
storage space threshold is exceeded, it starts deleting the oldest data out of
the archive directories until either the amount of disk space that’s in use
falls below that threshold, or the archive directories are empty.

Hope that’s helpful

-Mark