From: Kevin Doran <kdo...@apache.org>
Sent: Friday, December 9, 2022 9:33 AM
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Disabling flows - nifi registry

CAUTION: The e-mail below is from an external source. Please exercise caution
before opening attachments, clicking links, or following guidance.
Hi Deepak,

So far, we have been honoring the following policy for what constitutes a
change in version control:

  *   stopped/started does not count as a "local change"
  *   enabled/disabled does count as a change, and that state is captured in
the flow snapshot json version saved to registry.

One reason for this is that some users want to setup CI/CD to deploy from
Registry and automatically start a flow in the target NiFi. If there are
components they don't want to start, the disabled state gives them a way to
capture that configuration in the flow.

Is there a reason you prefer disable over stop in your lower environment? I
leave flows stopped in dev environments all the time and have never run into an
issue, but of course, everyone's workflow and use case is slightly different,
so I'm interested in hearing your perspective on this to see if we need to
consider something more flexible.

Cheers,
Kevin

On Dec 9, 2022 at 10:26:27, "Chirthani, Deepak Reddy"
<c-deepakreddy.chirth...@charter.com<mailto:c-deepakreddy.chirth...@charter.com>>
 wrote:
Hey guys,

So, once I fully develop and parameterize my nifi dataflow, let’s say in dev
environment, I enable the version control, import the flow in higher
environment and turn on the dataflow. In most of the cases both the flows in
lower and higher environments will be running. Let says dev nifi connects to
dev gcp pubsub and prod nifi connects to prod gcp pubsub. However, in some
cases, we do want to stop and disable the flow in lower env. When I do that the
registry is identifying that local changes are made to the flow which is
nothing but all the components are disabled. I don’t want to keep the
processors in stopped state on the canvas(registry do not identify for
stopping) but want to disable them. Any workaround for registry not to identify
local changes when flow is disabled?

Thanks
Deepak

[image005]
Deepak Reddy | Data Engineer
​IT Centers of Excellence
13736 Riverport Dr., Maryland Heights, MO 63043

The contents of this e-mail message and
any attachments are intended solely for the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential
and/or legally privileged information. If you
are not the intended recipient of this message
or if this message has been addressed to you
in error, please immediately alert the sender
by reply e-mail and then delete this message
and any attachments. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are notified that
any use, dissemination, distribution, copying,
or storage of this message or any attachment
is strictly prohibited.
E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: