My apologies Hagar, I did not see that link.

I did change the user profile and it is still acting the same strange way.

What i find most odd, is how the notes seem to be in the doc, but don't show up until i click them. Other things I wrote in the notes section appear then too. It's like a hide and seek game. That's why i think the information is all there...somewhere.

Is there any other program that you suggest i use to complete work on this manuscript? Will a new version of MS word be able to import the .odt file?

Thanks, i think that's my last question, since nothing has changed. :(

damali

Profile location is given here (same topic): http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?p=58401#p58401
There is a link to that post in the very post I've linked.

Hagar