First off, you would not need to clear the formatting of the entire document. You are able to highlight just the problem area and clear the formatting there only. Also, you can see what the formatting is at any given point by looking at the apply styles box, if you have it visible on your toolbar. You are then able to fix the problem by highlighting the area and applying/changing the style. If that doesn’t work, then you need to change the style, create a modification of the style, or override the style with a manual change. I do not understand what is meant by “at that level”. It is not as if you are changing the programming code. You are just using the options already available in the toolbar.

Another way to find formatting problems is to call up the styles box, have it show the applied styles, and watch what happens when you move your cursor over an area of text. The box will highlight the style that is being used at the cursor.

However, as I recall, I had a problem where the old style was still lingering at the end of the paragraph unseen. It should have been removed, but since it was not showing, I left it and it caused problems later on.

Seems to me this is a feature that could be useful, or at least a different approach to solving a problem that some people are used to having and that others may find that they prefer it as well. Sort of like the old autosave feature I would like as an option, but some people think is inferior to the current autorecovery system most office suites use today.

Besides, if a feature does not work out, you can always remove it in a later version, but at least you give people an option and you give the feature a chance to prove itself.

--
Rod Lockwood