From: Rod Lockwood [mailto:rodlockw...@provide.net]
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2013 19:15
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: reveal codes

[ ... ] Also, you can see what the formatting is at any
given point by looking at the apply styles box, if you have it visible on
your toolbar. You are then able to fix the problem by highlighting the
area and applying/changing the style. If that doesn’t work, then you need
to change the style, create a modification of the style, or override the
style with a manual change. I do not understand what is meant by “at that
level”. It is not as if you are changing the programming code. You are
just using the options already available in the toolbar.

Another way to find formatting problems is to call up the styles box, have
it show the applied styles, and watch what happens when you move your
cursor over an area of text. The box will highlight the style that is
being used at the cursor.

However, as I recall, I had a problem where the old style was still
lingering at the end of the paragraph unseen. It should have been removed,
but since it was not showing, I left it and it caused problems later on.

Seems to me this is a feature that could be useful, or at least a
different approach to solving a problem that some people are used to
having and that others may find that they prefer it as well. Sort of like
the old autosave feature I would like as an option, but some people think
is inferior to the current autorecovery system most office suites use
today.

Besides, if a feature does not work out, you can always remove it in a
later version, but at least you give people an option and you give the
feature a chance to prove itself.

--
Rod Lockwood