From: Dennis E. Hamilton
Sent: ‎April‎ ‎4‎, ‎2013 ‎2‎:‎57‎ ‎AM
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
CC: danielmartincow...@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Open office issues.

I just did a fresh download and install on Windows 8 Pro x64.  There were no
problems, and AOO 3.4.1 did not create any sort of uncaught exception.  It
starts just fine.

Questions for Daniel:

 1. Did you request download at http://openoffice.org ?  It is important that
you obtain an authentic download from the primary download location.
(SourceForge will appear and initiate your download.)

 2. Did the download happen with your built-in Internet Explorer on the desktop?

 3. Are you using the standard en-US default?

 4. Did you do the "typical" or "custom" install?

 5. Do you know if Java is installed on your machine?  (My Windows 8 Pro was an
update of Windows 7, yours is an OEM install of Windows 8 Pro - that might be a
difference.)
  Find the Control Panel, go to Programs, and see if there is a Java button
there.
  You can get to the control Panel from the Desktop by right-clicking the
lower-left corner - it will be on the pop-up menu.

 - Dennis