TN Patriot wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Jan 2014 22:59:31 -0500 "Anthony J. Rudgers"
> <anthonyrudg...@att.net> wrote:
>
>> Greetings All!
>>
>> The present "hashtag" problem is is symptomatic of the entire OO
>> software suite.  An ordinary user of OO, doing ordinary things w/
>> a word processor or other office-suite software, suddenly gets
>> something that is really screwy, & doesn't know what to do to fix
>> it.  Much of their production gets lost, or else, they spend a
>> lot of time attempting to get their WP document or spreadsheet
>> the way they want it by trying again & again to get around
>> built-in or default features (or bugs!) of OO that they don't
>> understand or know how to modify (& OO documentation, as I have
>> found, is meager & inadequate).  Unless you're a long-time &
>> dedicated user, the OO suite never seems to do quite what you'd
>> like it to do & you usually can't figure out how to fix things ON
>> YOUR OWN COMPUTER W/ YOUR EXISTING SOFTWARE.  One has to have the
>> ability to fix things quickly on their own w/o "going to the
>> experts" every time a problem w/ OO arises!  For the casual user,
>> the OO product appears flawed.  People who use any software
>> product want to spend their time & creativity on what they are
>> developing, rather than spending time & effort on issues
>> associated w/ the tool they are using to develop it. OO office
>> software needs much effort to make it more efficient, largely
>> error-free, & much more user friendly.
>>
>> Beat wishes,
>>
>> Anthony J. Rudgers Orlando, FL U.S.A.
>>

> With people like you, your problem with 'software' is you're not
> smart enough to use it correctly.
>
> In the minimum of 10 years I've been using OpenOffice, I've yet to
> have any of the problems you or the OP have had. Seems an awful lot
> of other people are the same way. It seems *YOU* are your own worst
> problem, especially when you come on mailing lists with a bunch of
> moronic FUD and absolutely nothing to back it up.
>
> I'll continue to use AOO, with no problems, on my system and just
> keep laughing at dimbulbs like you who have no decent reason to own
> a computer much less the ability to turn one on without breaking
> it.
>
> Now please, go take along walk on a short pier in Antarctic
> waters.

TN Patriot;
Statements such as the above do nothing to further the cause of
OpenOffice and IMHO add nothing to the discussion of the problem at
hand. I would refer you to the List Conduct Guidelines at
http://openoffice.apache.org/list-conduct.html.

As on that spent most of my working career doing direct support of one
form or another I know first hand that there is a certain amount of
validity to some of Mr. Rudgers statements. We need to listen with
open minds to all members open the OpenOffice community, even those
with whom we may disagree, if we are to advance both the development
of the software and its acceptance in the wider world.

Regards
Keith N. McKenna

Regards
Keith