Le 05/01/2014 10:30, Aspects a écrit :
With apologies, but can we get back to finding a solution to this problem
rather than slagging each other (and AOO) off.

I have used this suite since version 2 on OS X, Linux and Both 32 and 64-bit
versions of Windows. I have only ever suffered minor glitches with formatting
and some eccentricities with the spell-checker: both of them known and cured at
the next minor version update.

So do I (on Windows 2K, XP, Vista, 7, x/ubuntu) and never had this problem
(using AOO 8 hours a day at work on Windows systems).
But there are enough reports to confirm that there IS a problem somewhere. A
clear root cause is power shortage (that is different than just killing the
soffice process). What is not clear for me is if the shortage has to occur
during a save process or not and in what step of the save process. NB: some
reports seems to tell that no process was involved during the shortage. A disk
cache issue then?

This is unusual and sounds very much as if a file format was wrongly applied at
the last save. Can we all concentrate on getting these two problems solved:
finding some way of recovering the document and tracing down the glitch that
caused this.

I'm definitively sure that this is not a file format issue: the content of the
file is full of zeros. There is absolutely nothing left. So no recovery
possible.

Some will find the rants from users FUD but I do understand such rants. This is
a good reason to be furious against the application. I understand a problem
during save process so I would put up with losing the new version of the file
I'm saving (I mean the last edits). But losing the file saved last time is just
unacceptable, it's a major data loss (P1 in the bug tracker). This problem
should be investigated as seriously as possible.
No bashing needed, just look at the facts.

Hagar