Me, beside others. What's your problem?

Best regards,
Peter

On 07/01/14 12:53, Think wrote:
Who is the moderator of this list?

Thanks.

Brenda Hart Neihouse

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:rabas...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 11:46 PM
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: Reading and Exporting spreadsheets--another commentary

On Jan 6, 2014, at 10:42 PM, Greg Madden <gomadtr...@gci.net> wrote:

On Monday 06 January 2014 18:28:15 you wrote:
On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 8:07 PM, Anthony J. Rudgers

<anthonyrudg...@att.net> wrote:
Greetings All,

Here's (imho) another example of the symptoms of the coding flaws
inherent in the present OOo software suite.  You do something
according to one set of seemingly-valid protocols & get one result
(or, perhaps, non-result), & then you do it according to another
set of also-valid protocols, & get an entirely different result (or
non-result).   This, at least to me, would indicate that there are
instances of differing, &, consequently, inconsistent, coding
within OOo.  I've experienced a similar inconsistency in OOo code
in another area.

I submit this query.  Do proponents of OOo software, want to deal
w/ & correct such problems, deny they exist, ignore them & "move
on" (as embodied in the posting: "I'm tired of this thread, can't
we talk about something else?"), throw up their hands & say that
such inherent problems are just "a fact of life--so live w/ them,"
or, simply, verbally abuse & belittle the OOo users who point them
out to this "community"?
So I take it that you have completely diagnosed the problem and
determined that it is a bug in OpenOffice and not a configuration
issue in Cygwin.  Wow, that was fast!  Maybe now that you've
troubleshooted and debugged the issue you would be so kind as to
submit a patch to fix it?  Or write up a report in Bugzilla detailing
how you reproduced the problem and showed that it was an OpenOffice
issue?

Regards,

-Rob
Rob, just a reminder, these type of comments are best left alone. It is
to hard to determine if they are just trolls disrupting legitimate
users time and resources or merely clueless users frustrated by their
lack of knowledge. Either way..ignore..imho

I'm merely pointing the constructive ways to deal with user problems.
Our productive choices are:

1. Answer questions about functionality

2.  Confirm known problems and offer workarounds

3. Help troubleshoot new issues

4. Once issues are confirmed entering them into Bugzilla

5. Fixing issues

At no time is complaining a productive use of this list, especially
for a new issue, just reported, when it is not clear it is even an
OpenOffice issue.

So let's get back to the the intended purpose of the list, which is to
support users of OpenOffice.   As users have made clear, they are
frustrated when this list is used as a general discussion/gripe list.

-Rob

I thank you for your contributiions to AOO.

I have been using OpenOffice for quite some time without issues.. ( not
helpfull to those with issues..I lnow)...or only one.. when Libreoffice
became the default for Linux, not LO bashing, just AOO works better
here.

--
Peace,

Greg