On Thu, 1 May 2014, Brian Barker wrote:

At 09:29 01/05/2014 +0300, Ivan Penev wrote:
I do NOT find any icon for your "Track Changes" feature; please advise how I create or customize such an icon. Actually, it could be very helpful to have it on the toolbar.

o Open a text (Writer) document.
o Either: go to Tools | Customize... | Toolbars; under OpenOffice.org Toolbars, select your preferred toolbar. o Or: click the down arrow at the extreme right of your preferred toolbar and select Customize toolbar... .
o Click Add... .
o Under Category, select Edit.
o Under Commands, scroll down and select Record.
o Click Add and Close.
o Your new icon appears in the list of Commands; use the up and down arrows to move it to our preferred position in the toolbar.
o OK.

The new Record button acts as a toggle, of course.

On my Web page at http://audilab.bme.mcgill.ca/~funnell/swil_ooo.html are two icons that I created for this purpose, and a pointer to instructions for associating icons with commands. The instructions given above by Brian Barker can then be used to add the commands and their new icons to the toolbar.

- Robert