japples wrote:
Is there a way to split a cell either vertically or horizontally? I have been adding another column or row then going back and merging all but the cell I wanted split - really don't think that is very efficient.

Could you describe more specifically what you're trying to achieve? Is is: let's say a cell contains "Split cell" (without the quotes), and you want this to wind up in two adjacent cells, with one cell containing "Split" and the other cell containing "cell"? Or is it something else?

Is there a way to copy / paste the format of a cell to selected cells. I do not want the whole spreadsheet with the same cell formatting just specific ones.

Yes, there is. Do Edit > Copy from the cell or cells you want to copy the format FROM, then click in the cells you want the format copied to, and use Edit > Paste Special. Deselect (uncheck) all of the options under Selection EXCEPT for Formats.

Or, alternatively, use the Format Paintbrush tool. Select the cell you want to copy the format from, click on the Format Paintbrush (it's on the main toolbar; it looks like a paintbrush), then click in the cells or range of cells you want formatted like the cell you clicked first.

I did not see anything in Help addressing these functions - searched "split cell" / "cell format - paste"

Thank you
Jack