Paste special - thank you . . . one of those days when I looked right at it and didn't see it. Also, thank you so much for the tip on the Format paintbrush tool. Hadn't even considered a paintbrush for other than changing colors.

Split cell - I would like to split Cell 3 into 2 cells without increasing the width of Cells 1, 3 & 5 (about as difficult to explain without pictures as defining "rinse body" to a deaf person using the manual language from a different area of the country without demonstrating)

Created a calendar with fillable cells - not an online calendar nor just a calendar to look at - interactive is the best description.

Below is a one day section from the calendar. I am not sure it will post with the message. I do appreciate the time you have taken so far.

My question pertains to the group of cells (the next week) following this set of 7 groups (one for each day of the week). The "next week" group was created only until the 30th but the month has 31 days. The easiest way would be so split a cell to reflect space for month day number, special notation to right of month day number; space below these two for notes of that day such as medical appointment; lastly section below for tracking numbers.

21      Garbage P/U
Med Appt 2:30p
129307 - 115.22

Richard Detwiler wrote:
japples wrote:
Is there a way to split a cell either vertically or horizontally? I have been adding another column or row then going back and merging all but the cell I wanted split - really don't think that is very efficient.

Could you describe more specifically what you're trying to achieve? Is is: let's say a cell contains "Split cell" (without the quotes), and you want this to wind up in two adjacent cells, with one cell containing "Split" and the other cell containing "cell"? Or is it something else?

Is there a way to copy / paste the format of a cell to selected cells. I do not want the whole spreadsheet with the same cell formatting just specific ones.

Yes, there is. Do Edit > Copy from the cell or cells you want to copy the format FROM, then click in the cells you want the format copied to, and use Edit > Paste Special. Deselect (uncheck) all of the options under Selection EXCEPT for Formats.

Or, alternatively, use the Format Paintbrush tool. Select the cell you want to copy the format from, click on the Format Paintbrush (it's on the main toolbar; it looks like a paintbrush), then click in the cells or range of cells you want formatted like the cell you clicked first.

I did not see anything in Help addressing these functions - searched "split cell" / "cell format - paste"

Thank you
Jack