  From: Jay
  To: Christine Lawrence
  Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 11:59 AM
  Subject: Re: I have lost everything

  -------- Original Message --------
  From: Christine Lawrence <cflawre...@homemail.com.au>
  To: users@openoffice.apache.org
  Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 11:39:16 +1100

Please help-. I am hysterical here.

I have just had the bright idea to upgrade my Open Office program. The upgrade
from 3.3  to 4.1.1 went swimmingly except NOW I CANNOT OPEN ANY OF THE HUNDREDS
OF DOCUMENTS ON MY SYSTEM. I REPRESENT 20 SPORTING ORGANIZATIONS AND I AM DEAD
IN THE WATER. Can I please reinstall 3.3 ???

It never occurred to me that a program could be designed to do this.

Christine

  Hi Christine,

  Don't panic, you have NOT lost any documents. There is a long and complicated
solution to your issue, but there is also a much quicker and easier option
available.

  Download and install "LibreOffice": http://www.libreoffice.org/ the enhanced
edition of the software, from the community based "Document Foundation":
http://www.documentfoundation.org/ The latest release of LibreOffice has many
improvements, which, for various technical and licensing reasons, are unlikely
to be added to other editions of the software. This will give you a much
improved and more reliable version of the same software. It is not necessary to
uninstall or do anything with the Apache edition if you want to try
LibreOffice, the integrity of your files will be fully protected and remain
accessible to both programs.

  Jay