On 07/02/2016 08:25 AM, Kay Schenk wrote:
On Sat, Jul 2, 2016 at 6:26 AM, T.H.A. Jenniskens <jenniskens....@gmail.com>
wrote:

LS,

I have a problem with oracle-report-builder.

Until a few days ago it functioned properly.

Now it turns out suddenly that the report-bilder is gone.

If I want to open previously created report "LijstZi" , I get the message:

             <The documet " LijstZi "" could not be opened>

--------------

Then have the oracle-report-builder downloaded again.

In <downloads> is now the file <oracle-report-builder.oxt>

When I double click on it, while Office 4.1.2 is open

come to the screen: <Extension Manager>. of OpenOffice.

There  the message appears:

             Extension (s) Add:

             C: \ Users \ THA \ AppData \ Roaming \ OpenOffice \ 4 \ user \
uno_packages

             \ Cach \ uno_packages \ sv11t27.tmp_ \ oracle-report-builder,
oxt

             does not exist

I tried reinstalling the latest version of OpenOffice 4.1.2,

but that does not help

Can you help me get my report builder.

In advance thank you very much

THA (Theo) Jenniskens

​We had a framework change with version 4.0. What this means in that the
development structure for extensions needed to change. Oracle is no longer
doing active development for this extension. See references on:

​http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/oracle-report-builder

You might find the discussion on the Forums useful as well:

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=57062

Wait!  Back the truck up!  This is news to me.
I just tested this and confirmed that the OP is correct and the Report Builder is not working in AOO 4, even though the Report menu options (Edit, Open, etc.) are present. I assumed RB was bundled with AOO, as it was with LibreOffice. My last report gen was in January and I installed AOO 4 in December. I must have still been evaluating AOO and used LO 3 to gen those last reports. I totally agree with threenorms' posting in the above referenced forum thread:

"honestly: why did everyone on the development end apparently think that generating actual, meaningful reports with totals based on data, was NOT part of a database program? without being able to generate reports, the whole thing is useless! ARGH!"

Not having the report builder in AOO is a deal breaker for me. I must have it to gen my reports. Now, as a result of this disclosure, I must abandon AOO and go back to the old but stable LO 3, or the buggy LO 4, as well as LO's lack of support like this forum.

Also, I assumed that LO got custody of the Oracle Report Builder code when they bundled it in to the LO code. That may be a bad assumption.

Girvin Herr