I found this in my drafts but don't know what it was about.Are you Edwin Irving
or Alex Edwin? I know an Alex, but cannot place an Edwin. If you could send me
some feedback, would be nice.Thanks; Herb Eichner of heichn...@gmail.com and
text to 780 700 6242Home phone 780 433 5521Sent from my Samsung Galaxy
smartphone.-------- Original message --------From: Edwin Irving
<eeirv...@gmail.com> Date: 2016-10-16  5:46 PM  (GMT-07:00) To:
users@openoffice.apache.org Subject: Spreadsheet - Setting Decimal Point
I want to have columns  I set as currency to assume the last two digits should
be behind a decimal point. For example, if I input 1257, I automatically want a
decimal inserted between the the 2 and 5 to read $12.57. Presently, I have to
insert a decimal point with each entry. If I don’t insert a decimal, it is
assumed a decimal is to be inserted at the end of the number input and then it
inserts a decimal and two zeroes. So if I input 1257, it shows $1257.00 whereas
I want $12.57. If I input 12, the application assumes $12.00 and not $0.12
This causes me to insert a decimal point exactly where I want it instead of the
application assuming the last two digits are to have a decimal inserted before
the two digits.

Also, I don’t think the leading zeroes function is working for at least
Format>Cells>Currency. No what number I input for leading zeroes, there isn’t
any change in the output number.

I obviously need help.

Thanks you for a great product and your time to create and maintain.

Ed