Thank you to Rory and Martin for the explanation. I and no doubt many others
didn't know that. I wasn't being diffucult, just wanted to know what was meant.😊

-------- Original message --------
From: Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Date: 02/01/2020  08:51  (GMT+00:00)
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Cc: alannpea...@talktalk.net
Subject: Re: Update failures

On Thu, 2 Jan 2020 09:01:41 +0100Martin Groenescheij <mar...@groenescheij.com>
wrote:> Op 2 jan. 2020 om 08:43 heeft Alan Pearce
<alannpea...@talktalk.net.invalid> het volgende geschreven:> > > > Sorry
Andrea but that  doesn't answer my question. What do you mean by "actual"?
Actual as opposed to what?> > Alan, try to understand that the majority of the
users live outside the US, hence there is a big change their mother tong is not
English and they give answers to the best of their ability.A translation
problem: in this case actual is equivalent to the "current" version.I agree
with Martin; one needs to understand and allow for differences in native
tongues.Rory> > > > > > -------- Original message --------> > From: Andrea
<andrea...@gmx.ch> > > Date: 02/01/2020  06:50  (GMT+00:00) > > To:
users@openoffice.apache.org > > Subject: Re: Update failures > > > > Exactly
that what I wrote when I answered Peters question :-)If update don't work, just
download the most actual version and install itAm 02.01.2020 um 00:37 schrieb
Alan Pearce:> Andrea, What do you mean please?>> Alan.>> -------- Original
message --------> From: Andrea <andrea...@gmx.ch>> Date: 01/01/2020  19:42
(GMT+00:00)> To: users@openoffice.apache.org> Subject: Re: Update failures>> A
possible way is just to downlaod the most actual version and to install itAm
01.01.2020 um 19:46 schrieb Russ Peters:> I've searched and searched the
internet for answers and seem to get> lost somewhere!>> I have two computers
running windows 10. I have open office> 4.1.7.installed. When I check for>>
updates I get the following message  " error reading data from> internet,
server error message".>> Is this a known problem of can you recommend a fix?
Response for both> computers.>>>