Hi Chuck,

I'm also using OO 4.1.7. On Linux though. Have Windows 10 but have not
tested with it. Only so much time for volunteering in a day.

Based on your feedback I tried with no document open, with a new unsaved
document open (Untitled 1), and with a previously saved document open.

In all cases File > New > Templates and Documents initialized a new
Untitled 1 document based on the selected template.

Seems you have discovered a bug in the Mac version.

--
Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011