On Sun, 5 Apr 2020, Brian Barker wrote:

At 12:58 05/04/2020 -0400, Robert Funnell wrote:
On Sun, 5 Apr 2020, Brian Barker wrote:
> At 11:03 05/04/2020 -0400, Kellie English wrote:
> > I cannot for the life of me figure out how to delete unwanted auto fill > > suggestions. If I want to type '60 minute massage', it comes up even > > after I type "60", which is great, but now i have all of these other > > tabbed > > suggestions that I have to tab through before I can get to "60 minute > > massage" based on other entries I have to make for other 60 minute > > services. Is there any way I can sort through or even rearrange the > > order > > of such automated fill ins? Right now, when I type "60" here is the > > order of auto fill suggestions:
> > 60 HS
> > 60/EVT
> > 60 minute PKG
> > 60min/AO
> > (I now have to tab through all of these to finally get to ;)
> > 60 minute massage
> > Which is the main default of what I usually need. Please help! I would > > like to rearrange the 60 minute massage to pop up first every time, or > > to just delete ALL auto fills and then start fresh? > > I'm having to guess that you are talking about entering data into a > spreadsheet document, not a word processor one. Is that so?

I assumed that the message was about a word-processing document. If so, if you go to Tools > AutoCorrect > AutoCorrect Options there's a 'Word Completion' tab that seems to give control over what word completion is done.

I had wondered that but ruled it out, for various reasons:
o The default minimum word length is 10, so it is unlikely that entries as short as some of the questioner's examples would be harvested.

My minimum word length is 8, I don't remember setting it to that. Maybe hers was somehow set to a small value? Maybe unlikely.

o Only single word entries are harvested.

Good point.

o Complete suggestions are not provided: merely partial ones as far as they are common.

I don't understand what you mean by this. Complete words are offered, even rare ones if they've been harvested from the user's documents.

o The user would not be able to tab through suggestions, as s/he describes.

I assumed she (they) meant control-tabbing.

- Robert