Lars Nooden wrote:
> Nice dodge, Henri.  If you have only the unlucky misfortune to appear
> accidently as deIcaza types intent on floundering the UI, then that is
> unfortunate.
>
> Let's check if there is any commmon ground:
>
> Quick quiz:
>
>         Q: What is the goal of OOo?
>
>         a) a deIcaza-style M$ love-in, dutifully copying every
>           aspect of MSO
>
>         b) providing a good productivity suite
>

>       c) other - elaborat
>
> -Lars

To ALL: I echo Lars concerns, and wish that the developers would
concentrate on eliminating ALL the Bugs, errors and other problems with
what is NOW in existence, AND NEVER COPY ANYTHING FROM MSFT, AS THAT
WILL DESTROY OOo completely!!! I now have OOo ver.3.1 and do not plan on
EVER upgrading, as, to make it plain, unless I get full mastery of what
I have now! What I CANNOT understand is WHY this constant and continual
upgrade, upgrade, when all that is needed is simple changes to improve
what is NOW a BASICALLY sound program! The Real Reason that MSFT
continues to have the majority of the market is very simple, THEY GOT
THERE FIRST AND MADE THEIR PRODUCT WITH THE IDEA OF LOCKING PEOPLE IN TO
THEIR LINE, REGARDLESS! I have tried WordStar, which I thought was
pretty good, but they had let it fade away by not making corrections in
what they had, nor would they adapt it to fit the other major lock-in
that MSFT had, WINDOWS! So, I went to WordPerfect, but then they decided
to try to molly-coddle and befriend MSFT instead of paying attention to
perfecting what they had! Marketing is the ONLY thing that MSFT does
well, that and thievery of other people's ideas!Oh, that's right, not
thievery, muscle them into submission is more like it!
There was a company or group working on another clone or modification of
Windows, but so far they are not a viable alternative to WINDOWS! The
company that really let everyone down was IBM, with their abandining of
Both OS/2 and VIA VOICE FOR LINUX! In fact, IBM cannot seem to learn how
to market and to hang on to their market, no matter what!
The ONLY real alternative to WINDOWS is Linux, but I can tell you they
will never overcome MSFT with all the different "distro's" cutting each
other's throats and then cutting their own, by constant upgrade, upgrade
and then more upgrade!
Bottom line, there are people who are still using DOS and Windows 3.1
and do NOT bother with the Internet! Change is fine when it really is
necessary, but change for change sake is a total WASTE !!!!

--
Old Sarge-John Boyle
IN GOD WE TRUST!