On 2/15/08, RIA BARSHOP <rbars...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> LAST NIGHT I APPLY THE APPLICATION FOR FREE SOFTWARE SO I CAN USE WORD, I
> READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND AS THIS MORNING I SHOW THAT NOTHING HAS HAPPEN.  I
> HAVE DIAL UP SYSTEM AND HEWLETT PACKARD COMPUTER WHICH IS COMPAQ PRESARIO PC
>
> I HOPE THAT SOMEONE CAN HELP OR GUIDE ME OR TELL ME WHAT I DID WRONG

I'm going to guess that you started the download but it did not complete -
since the file is large this is not unusual (I don't know how fast your dial
up connection is). I also assume you went to www.openoffice.org ?  If not,
then this is where you should start.

Unfortunately if your dial up connection disconnects during the download all
you can do is restart (unless you have some form of a download manager).

Another way of getting the openoffice product is to obtain a CD:
http://distribution.openoffice.org/cdrom/index.html#cdrom

OpenOffice is also sometimes found on CD's provided by computer magazines -
keep an eye out for these as well.

Reply to the list if you have any queries.

/paul

ps,
1/ Writing in all capitals is considered shouting & rude - best not when
asking for help
2/ Best not to put your phone number on emails that are archived in various
places and is publicly available.