RIA BARSHOP wrote:
LAST NIGHT I APPLY THE APPLICATION FOR FREE SOFTWARE SO I CAN USE WORD, I READ
THE INSTRUCTIONS AND AS THIS MORNING I SHOW THAT NOTHING HAS HAPPEN.  I HAVE
DIAL UP SYSTEM AND HEWLETT PACKARD COMPUTER WHICH IS COMPAQ PRESARIO PC

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE CAN HELP OR GUIDE ME OR TELL ME WHAT I DID WRONG

THANK YOU
RITA BARSHOP
972-517-7200
Did you just download it? If so, you also have to install it by double clicking on the downloaded file. When the installation is complete, there should be an OpenOffice.org folder & icons in your Start menu. You can use the icons to start the various components such as Writer, Calc etc.

BTW, you might want to check the time & date on your computer. It appears you sent your message on Feb 14, 2008.