2009/12/31 Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knu...@gmail.com>:
> 2009/12/31 NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net>:
>>>
>>> So some characters are missing when underlining? Well, then SOMETHING
>>> is bad then isn't it?
>>>
>>> If not, I guess something in my system is bad. Any suggestions for
>>> what to be the next step in debugging?
>>>
>>> I am on Ubuntu 8.10,by the way, I'm not sure I mentioned that… My
>>> other machine, which is running OpenOffice.org 3.1, has Ubuntu 9.10,
>>> and no issues with FreeSans or any other (I think) fonts.
>>
>> No, not missing, but the underlines are as shown in your pdf; the
>> underline is not perfectly _under_ the character. I'm on 9.10, I'll fire
>> up an 8.10 later and test.
>
> Well, the subscript parentheses are probably supposed to cross the
> underline for some fonts, so I'm not sure that is an issue.
> _x₍₁₊₂₋₃₎_
>
> _x⁽¹⁺²⁻³⁾_
>
> Johnny Rosenberg

Just installed the RC on the other machine (Eee PC 900 with Ubuntu
9.10) and it works as it should. I can see all the characters.
Maybe something in my Ubuntu 8.10 system that causing my problems
then. Well, I guess that will make me finally upgrade to the latest
Ubuntu after all… (or maybe I'll try Linux Mint this time, it looked
promising when I tested it a couple of days ago).

Thanks for you help!

Regards

Johnny Rosenberg