On 11/9/2010 3:45 AM, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
Den 2010-11-09 00:45:54 skrev Barbara Duprey <b...@onr.com>:

On 11/8/2010 6:25 AM, Bill McCarthy wrote:
Hello....I installed the program as instructed on CD, but I have never found a way to actually RUN the program since there was NO operational icon created and all that comes up is the original install panel.
Bill McCarthy     Pittsburgh, PA

[Bill (wbm5...@comcast.net) is not subscribed and probably will not see any responses unless directly copied.]

Yes he can, here:
http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=208667

A quick Google search took me there, anyone can do it.

It would be interesting to know your search term, but the main problem I have with the OOo archives is that there is no good way to reply there to requests for further information or clarification. The Nabble interface is better, but the typical user is not going to get there without help.

Best regards

Johnny Rosenberg

OpenOffice.org is normally installed from a file that is downloaded from www.openoffice.org, not from a CD, and it has release level numbers (like OpenOffice.org 3.2.1) rather than a name like this, so I don't know where you are getting it -- but there have definitely been releases this year. You may want to go to the site, if you can, and download the most recent stable version.

You say you saw an install dialog, which is also what you would see by double-clicking the file downloaded from the site. Did you not have directions to follow from there? On a Windows system, you should end up with a submenu for OOo in your Start menu, and probably also with a desktop icon and maybe an icon in your system tray.

If you let us know more about your operating system, where you are getting the file or CD, and exactly what actions you took and their results, we may be able to help more specifically.