On Sun Nov 28 2010 13:28:16 GMT-0800 (PST)  Guy Voets wrote:
The pictures are stored in the format/ext they were imported in.  You are
saying "cut and pasted" it seem that is dependent on the native format of
where they were cut from.  Are you not seeing a file extension?

You can extract the picture folder from the archive and rename the files
with a shorter name to see if your viewer will recognize them.  Use your
archive tool to extract them.

If all else fails you can send me a copy and I will extract them for you.

Andy

Hello,

Did a quick test:
- a cut and pasted picture doesn't seem to trigger a folder 'Pictures'
in the odt folder
- an inserted picture (Insert > Picture > From File) appears in the
'Pictures' folder in the odt zip

That is strange as here it does. I opened a jpg in gimp, cut and pasted it into a new Writer document. Saved the doc then closed Writer open the ODT with Archive Manager and the directory is there with the picture, in PNG format. This all done under Ubuntu and Go-oo v 3.2 will test with OOo 3.3RC6.

Andy