On 1/31/2011 8:46 PM, Harold Hauge wrote:
Downloaded from::

http://download.openoffice.org/index.html

You get there from openoffice.org by select download.

However is that site run by Oracle or by the new Document Foundation?  Since
Ocacle aquired Sun Microsystems and LibreOffice was started I not been sure
where to get it.   As long as it remains free there I'll stick to
officeoffice.org but if Oracle starts to charge I may go with LibreOffice.
At present it seems like they are the same.

Harold

That's the Oracle site. There are some differences, primarily that LibreOffice (with some of its heritage from the Novell Go-OO version as well as from OpenOffice.org) can handle some additional file types, like those from MS Works. The website for LibreOffice is www.libreoffice.org, you can start the download from there. It's just been released as a stable version 3.3.