On 2011/03/10 6:19 PM  Paul wrote:
Agree ... I think these 'non-email' subscriptions were not carefully thought through in the migration. There is a 'no-mail' option in Sympa using the following command (once subscribed):
The problem is not with the 'no-mail' option. I am not subscribed to the mailing list. I am subscribed to gmane which injects my post automatically (at least it used to) to the list without moderation. That is now broke.

Here are the guidelines for using gmane (I had to search to fine them since the links on http://support.openoffice.org/ are broken

From *http://www.openoffice.org/mail_list.html*
*Newsgroups*
For those who prefer to use newsgroups rather than e-mail mailing lists, there are the Gmane newsgroups. For more information on Gmane, contact Gmane. To correspond via newsgroups, you can use open-source command-line clients, Mozilla, or many other clients. The Gmane server address is:

   * news.gmane.org

Then enter the list you wish to subscribe to; see below for the ones available or scan Gmane's list, which is always growing. Many specific projects also use Gmane. For instance, ES, Groupware are two projects that use Gmane. If you want your project lists to use Gmane, contact Gmane directly and set it up. It's easy.

*Process*
E-mails that are sent by subscribers to the mailing lists are automatically forwarded to the relevant Newsgroup. Conversely, posts to a Newsgroup are forwarded to the appropriate mailing list. That is, the operation of Gmane is bidirectional. It is not necessary to be subscribed to a mailing list to be able to post to a Newsgroup. The Gmane system uses its own authorization process. Thus, to post to a Newsgroup, do the following:

   * Post a message to the appropriate Newsgroup. You will receive an
authorization request
     from Gmane.
   * Reply to that request.
   * Your post will then appear in both the Gmane newsgroup and it will also
appear on the
     mailing list.
   * You will need to be authorized for each Newsgroup to which you post (but
only once per
     group).

Larry
--