On Saturday 29 September 2007 23:03:41 Fred A. Miller wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > On Saturday 29 September 2007 18:48:50 S. A. Gnezdov wrote:
> >> Windows can't support every file format in
> >> the planet.
> >
> > But that is exactly what Microsoft is trying to do.
>
> NOT hardly. ONLY if they're put into a very tight bind do they
> even attempt it.
>
> Fred

And just how do you know they aren't. Just look at their track
record.

If they don't want to do exactly what I said they would not be
trying to get OOXML ISO approved. What would be the point? We
already have an ISO approved OpenDocument Format. We do we need
two?

Microsoft does not want to cooperate with other software
manufactures. Look at all the things we have two of and the ones
that Microsoft made only work on Microsoft but the others work on
all OSs. Does it look like Microsoft is trying to work with the
rest of the software manufactures? Why is Microsoft the only one
that is different? Everyone else uses the established standards.
Microsoft creates their own.

So, what were you saying? I don't think any one heard you.

--
http://24.197.142.167/ See the OpenOffice.org FAQ
Microsoft users go to http://www.pclinuxos.com for a great user