M Henri Day wrote:
2007/12/3, Drew Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
James Knott wrote:
Elchanan wrote:

Will OO 2.3 run on and take full advantage of a 64-bit system, assuming
64-bit Windows?

I'm currently running 64 bit OpenOffice, but it's on Linux, not
Windows.  I don't know if there is a 64 bit Windows version.

I use the 64bit Linux version also and up until about 10 days ago this
version was kind of a lonely step child, not even part of the actual
formal QA work flow.
However this seems to be changing, the activity in the QA group has
started with the Linux version being used to see to it that the
automated testing tools run properly against it - Who knows perhaps the
64bit Windows version is creeping up also.

They say that 64-bit computing is the future of computing - but how far in
the future they don't say....

Well, it's been available on Linux for about 12 years. As usual, Microsoft is behind the times. I started running 64 bit Linux, when I bought a new mom board in May 2006. In fact, when the AMD64 and Itanium chips were first released, 64 bit Linux was already waiting for them..