M Henri Day wrote:
2007/12/3, James Knott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
M Henri Day wrote:
2007/12/3, Drew Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
James Knott wrote:
Elchanan wrote:

Will OO 2.3 run on and take full advantage of a 64-bit system,
assuming
64-bit Windows?

<snip>

They say that 64-bit computing is the future of computing - but how far
in
the future they don't say....
Well, it's been available on Linux for about 12 years.  As usual,
Microsoft is behind the times.  I started running 64 bit Linux, when I
bought a new mom board in May 2006.  In fact, when the AMD64 and Itanium
chips were first released, 64 bit Linux was already waiting for them..

But the situation with respect to drivers, etc could be better....

Henri

I haven't had any problems with drivers in OpenSUSE for any of the versions (currently 10.3) I've used. The only thing that's a concern is browser plugins. Most are 32 bit only, so I run 32 bit versions of Seamonkey and Firefox. Also, as I understand it, Vista has a far greater driver problem than Linux.