I saw Howards post, too. I have less a problem with breaking up the list, as the subjects generally provide a easy way of focusing on what you want. But, it seems to me, subscribers should also be subject to Moderator review as well, even if it is spot-checking. Lacking this we are left to self-police posters and no one likes being the bad cop.

I, too, have no problem with occasional off-topic posting which can be helpful. I do have a problem, however, with OT stuff that goes on and on for more than a hundred posts, as at least one or two recent threads have, and I have no tolerance for rude, ignorant or insulting posts.

No biggie, but I also have noticed that most, but not all, posters tend to include all of the previous posts in the thread rather than editing the old ones out and then respond at the bottom. It is helpful if the response is done at the top with, generally, all but the previous response included (or a snippet about which you are responding). In addition to avoiding having to wade through all the old posts to get to the response, this also saves tremendously on storage both locally and on the NG server.

BTW, I've noticed that we have fewer and more focused posts today.

Jerry