It is similar as assigning physical network card and then doing migration
of virtual VM.

Before NPIV for FC, I used to assign physical FC card to LPARs
(IBM PowerVM virtualization solution) but then it was not possible
to move the LPAR (VM). But it was supported.

If you feel strong that it should be possible to have a VM with a disk
on shared storage and on local storage as well, just create a RFE
in oVirt bugzilla.

I could imagine only use for this, having some "old static" data on
such local disk which was synced ouf of oVirt env.

j.