On 11.04.16 20:17, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
On Mon, 2016-04-11 at 14:38 -0300, Amador Pahim wrote:

On 04/11/2016 02:07 PM, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
On Mon, 2016-04-11 at 17:27 +0200, Frank Thommen wrote:
Dear all,

I'm currently lost at finding any documentation about the Python SDK
(http://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/infra/python-sdk/)
like provided classes, functions etc..  There are some examples on the
mentioned page, but I cannot find a complete documentation.  Our oVirt
server is running CentOS 7 with ovirt-engine-sdk-python installed.
However there doesn't seem to exist an ovirt-engine-sdk-python-docs
package and I couldn't find any appropriate link on the oVirt
documentation pages (http://www.ovirt.org/documentation/).

Any ideas, where the documentation is available?

Cheers
Frank

Other than what you found I found this but that's all.  Doesn't seem
to be much other than examples an the one that shows what to import.
 I, too would like to find what your are looking for so I can use it.

There is this RHEV documentation that can be helpful:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Virtualization/3.3/html/Developer_Guide/chap-Python_Quick_Start_Example.html

http://www.ovirt.org/develop/api/pythonapi/

Thanks.  That is helpful but as Frank said it would be nice to have an
api reference for each class and function that gives the parameters,
return values, and other stuff usually found in an API reference.  The
examples are helpful but don't give all the information abut a function
or class.

Thanks to all who answered. Brett brings it to the point: All sent links so far are indeed helpful - thanks a lot - but not the reference I expected. https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Virtualization/3.6/html/Python_SDK_Guide/chap-Python_Reference_Documentation.html#Python_Reference_Documentation mentions `pydoc`, but this documentation seems to be provided only for some modules or to be incomplete. Also for me not being a software developper and newish to Python, the `pydoc` information is not very useful. Where can I e.g. find the documentation for vms.get() and vms.add() (just to name teo concrete examples)?

Frank