> On Apr 11, 2016, at 11:41 AM, Frank Thommen <f.thom...@dkfz-heidelberg.de>
> wrote:
>

> Thanks to all who answered.  Brett brings it to the point:  All sent links so
> far are indeed helpful - thanks a lot - but not the reference I expected.
> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Virtualization/3.6/html/Python_SDK_Guide/chap-Python_Reference_Documentation.html#Python_Reference_Documentation
>  mentions `pydoc`, but this documentation seems to be provided only for some
> modules or to be incomplete.  Also for me not being a software developper and
> newish to Python, the `pydoc` information is not very useful.  Where can I
> e.g. find the documentation for vms.get() and vms.add() (just to name teo
> concrete examples)?

I’m pretty sure the examples are all there is at the moment. I spent a while
looking for reference material a few months ago and haven’t seen anything new
mentioned in this thread. Between the examples and a couple of questions to the
list, I managed to piece together what we needed (command-line-driven machine
creation specific to our needs).

I am a bit hazy on the specifics of what I did, but I recall that the main
problem I had to ask about was with order-of-operations issues - it wasn’t
obvious to me that setting some things out of the expected (by the API) order
wouldn’t work. IIRC, this had to do with setting boot options.

Best of luck,

-j