Hi,

We have just installed oVirt 3.6 on 3 hosts with storage volumes on Fibre Channel storage box. Every thing is working fine except the following.

1. We have created 15 Virtual Machines all VM with Windows Server 2012 R2 OS. VM properties does not report the Operating System nor it shows the IP and FQDN in the Admin Portal. There is always an exclamation mark that reports about OS being different from the template and timezone issues. We have changed the timezone to Indian Standard Time in both VM and Host, same result continues. We have installed Windows Gues Tools, same result continues. Screen shot is below.

VMs

2. When we manually tried to migrate the VMs from one host to another one, the migration gets initiated, but will eventually fail.

Any specific setting missing here or is it a bug.

Note:

All hosts are installed with CentOS 7.2 minimal installation oVirt node is installed and activated.
We do not have a DNS in our environment. We have to do with IPs.
We are yet to apply the 3.6.6 patch on Engine and Nodes.
We are running a stand alone engine, not a Hosted Engine.
--

Thanks & Regards,

Anantha Raghava

eXza Technology Consulting & Services