Hi,

in my setup I have two servers on CentOS7. One of these servers is also running the engine.

From your email I understood that in such case there is not special procedure for me right?

Best regards

Christoph

Am 03.07.2016 um 21:37 schrieb Yedidyah Bar David:
On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 7:48 PM,  <ov...@timmi.org> wrote:
Hi List,

is there a special upgrade procedure to get from 3.6 to 4.0 of oVirt?
Depends on your current system.

Or it is just a normal upgrade procedure?
It is in some cases.

I'm currently running oVirt 3.6.7 on CentOS 7.
If not hosted-engine, normal upgrade.

For hosted-engine please see a recent thread on this list with
subject line "upgrade hosted-engine os ( not hosts )".

For an engine on el6, in-place direct upgrade to el7 is not
supported. You can use backup/restore migration:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1318580

Best,

Best regards and thank you for the answer.
Christoph