Thank you for the quick answer.

Best regards
Christoph

Am 04.07.2016 um 09:12 schrieb Yaniv Dary:

Yes, this is correct.

Yaniv Dary
Technical Product Manager
Red Hat Israel Ltd.
34 Jerusalem Road
Building A, 4th floor
Ra'anana, Israel 4350109

Tel : +972 (9) 7692306
        8272306
Email: yd...@redhat.com <mailto:yd...@redhat.com>
IRC : ydary

On Jul 4, 2016 08:15, <ov...@timmi.org <mailto:ov...@timmi.org>> wrote:

    Hi,

    in my setup I have two servers on CentOS7. One  of these servers
    is also running the engine.

    From your email I understood that in such case there is not
    special procedure for me right?

    Best regards

    Christoph

    Am 03.07.2016 um 21:37 schrieb Yedidyah Bar David:

        On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 7:48 PM,  <ov...@timmi.org
        <mailto:ov...@timmi.org>> wrote:

            Hi List,

            is there a special upgrade procedure to get from 3.6 to
            4.0 of oVirt?

        Depends on your current system.

            Or it is just a normal upgrade procedure?

        It is in some cases.

            I'm currently running oVirt 3.6.7 on CentOS 7.

        If not hosted-engine, normal upgrade.

        For hosted-engine please see a recent thread on this list with
        subject line "upgrade hosted-engine os ( not hosts )".

        For an engine on el6, in-place direct upgrade to el7 is not
        supported. You can use backup/restore migration:

        https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1318580

        Best,

            Best regards and thank you for the answer.
            Christoph