We have a setup with ovirt 4.0.4 (hosted engine) and I try to import a Ubuntu
qcow cloud image. When I try to import, it stops with the error 'Unable to
upload image to disk ... due to a network error. Make sure ovirt-imageio-proxy
service is installed and configured, and ovirt-engine's certificate is
registered as a valid CA in the browser'.

The ovirt-imageio-proxy service is running on the engine.  No errors in the log
(just a mention that the service has started up). I also imported the server CA
in my browser (Firefox 49 on Ubuntu).